Would you like to earn while you learn and work for a growing, profitable organisation that is improving patient’s lives all over the world? Following on from the success of its first Apprentice cohort, Binding Site in Birmingham is now seeking 10 ambitious individuals who are passionate about Science to join them this September.
As one of the world’s leading specialised medical diagnostic companies, Binding Site provides a nurturing environment to enable you to start your career. Leading the way in delivering innovation to the market their Apprentices work alongside experts in their field to help meet some of the industry’s biggest challenges and opportunities head on. Their support of industry research and development ensures you will have the opportunity to drive innovation and improve patient lives worldwide.
Working at Binding Site means being part of a global community, encompassing a wide range of skills and knowledge. Their diverse workforce enables them to deliver new and innovative solutions to the market with shared ideas and a collective dedication to our mission, vision and values.
They have fantastic opportunities for 10 individuals to join them – perfect if you are interested in starting a career in Science. They are currently looking for:
The successful Apprentices will work in state of the art laboratories and stunning offices; you will be placed within one of the Research, Manufacturing or Development departments. Working towards a BTEC in Applied Science and a National Vocational Qualification in Laboratory Associated Techniques you will work for 4 days per week and study for one day a week onsite with our training partner The CSR Group who are experts at delivering Scientific training. As well as following daily schedules in order to complete work to deadlines, there is a requirement to use controlled documentation and follow defined procedures to carry out tasks, filling in records to the expected standards. Standard laboratory operations to ensure the workplace and equipment is safe and clean to be used will be performed regularly. Good Laboratory Practices will always be followed.
- GCSE Maths, English & Science (grade A-C) or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- The ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Be well organised, reliable and have excellent timekeeping
- Good self-motivation, to be enthusiastic and confident, with a good work ethic.
- The willingness to learn and develop new skills
- To be flexible to the needs of the business.
- The ability to follow set policies and procedures
- A passion for Science
Desirable requirements, but not essential:
- A level in a Scientific subject (or equivalent)
Starting Salary is £12,000
Closing date is the 30th June 2017. To apply please visit the following page: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-132006