MagnaColours who are based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire are a leading manufacturer of highly commercial, environmentally aware water based printing inks for the textile and fashion industry. Working with major international retail brands and well known fashion retailers, the company is regarded as a pioneer in its field with constant development of new and technically innovative products. The company has achieved a prolonged period of sustainable growth and has ambitious plans to build further on the results achieved over the recent past. This ambitious company is now seeking to recruit a Laboratory Apprentice to work closely with its team of technicians and development Chemists to further expand its range of environmentally friendly ink ranges to an expanding customer base. More further information please visit our website: www.magnacolours.com
This is a paid Level 3 apprenticeship position which is 18 months long. You will gain a BTEC in Applied Science and a diploma in Laboratory and Associated Techniques, your academic qualifications will be delivered by our training partner who are the CSR Group, they are experts at delivering scientific training. If you do well there is an opportunity for you to progress through the company into a possible technical sales or development chemist role. This progression should be achievable within a 3-5 year timescale.
- To ensure that all products and raw materials conform to agreed specifications.
- To ensure that all Q.C tests are carried out in line with in house test methods.
- Manufacture at laboratory scale, evaluate and formally report results.
- Carry out all work while adhering to current health and safety standards.
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of the application of products.
- To work cohesively within the laboratory team.
Hours of Work:
08:30- 17:00 Monday – Friday (37.5 Hours)
£10,500 per annum.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s, grades C or above (or predicted grades)
- An AS or A-Levels would be an advantage but not essential
- Good communication skills both orally and written.
- Able to work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Comfortable with IT and basic Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Willingness to learn
- A passion for Science
To apply please visit: www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-132027
Closing date is the 30th June 2017 and this opportunity will begin in September 2017.